Welcome to November and welcome to the 2022 Energy Breakthrough
For over 30 years, teams of school students have been travelling to Maryborough to participate in the Energy Breakthrough (EB). After two interrupted years due to COVID, we cannot wait to see you there again!
For many of Team Managers, this is the first time they have ever led a team of students to the EB. For others, they are experienced campaigners eager to get into the swing of things. For most students they are completely new to all of this!
No matter where you’re coming from, our EB team are putting everything in place to ensure that you and your students have a fantastic time in Maryborough.
2022 Energy Breakthrough Schools Event Manual
The 2022 Energy Breakthrough Schools Event Manual provides school teams with all the key details and links to the information they need for this year’s event.
- Team Manager Checklist – Page 6
- Schedules, Marshal Rosters And Results – Page 7
- At Event Check-In & EB Admin Hub – Page 8
- Medical Advice – Page 9
- Emergency Procedures – Page 10
- Car And Bus Parking – Page 11
- Camping Information – Page 12
- Camping Checklist – Page 13
- Pit Areas – Page 15
- Expo, Food Outlets And Free Movie Screenings – Page 16
- Event Schedule – Page 17
- Site Map – Page 21
The successful running of the event depends on participating schools reading all of the relevant information and passing the relevant details on to all of their team members, other Team Managers at their school, parents and support staff.
Please assist us by forwarding this Event Manual on to your school community.
Summary of Program Changes for 2022
After two years of COVID interruptions, we have implemented a series of new initiatives:
- Moved our EB Admin Hub to the Princes Park Clubrooms from the Maryborough Tennis Centre;
- Extended the HPV Primary Trial by one hour on the Friday evening (finishes at 9pm instead of 8pm) and also shortened it by one hour on Saturday morning (finishes at 11am instead of 12noon);
- Moved the Pushcarts to a two-day program over Wednesday and Thursday;
- Added a Robotics Demonstration Challenge to the Friday program;
- Offered Video Display & Presentations for ALL Pushcarts and selected HPV Secondary teams;
- Moved the TRYathlon Practice Session from late Friday night to early Friday morning; and
- Brought Scouts Australia and Transurban on board to host a fantastic series of free interactive STEM exhibits in ‘EB Central’ on Friday and Saturday 10am – 5pm.
Working With Children Check (WWCC) Reminder
Please note that all Team Managers and all adults in supervising roles with students during the event are required to have a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or current Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration. The EB event officials do not need to record evidence of all adults WWCC status, however, the onus is on Team Managers to ensure teams and any support crew members are compliant.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our team via email@example.com or the contacts listed on our website ‘Contact’ page: https://www.eb.org.au/contact/
Thank you for your dedication and participation – and we really are looking forward to seeing you at Maryborough.
Education Team Leader
View the full 2022 Entry Lists now at: https://www.eb.org.au/entries/2022-entry-lists/
Schedules for Display & Presentation, Design & Construction and Scrutineering
View your school’s schedule now at: https://schedule.eb.org.au/
Flag Marshal Training:
This year we have set a goal of improving the training of corner marshals at the Energy Breakthrough. All HPV Primary, HPV Secondary, EEV and TRYathlon teams will be required to provide at least two marshals per team.
What is involved?
Marshal Training Online is a three part process including:
- a series of instructional videos (Watch on YouTube):
- written Corner Marshal documentation (PDF)
- an online test (consisting of multiple-choice questions)
Complete the Online Marshal Training now at: https://www.eb.org.au/marshal-training/
Flag Marshal Rosters:
View your school’s Master Roster now at: https://schedule.eb.org.au/
Event Site Map:
Our Event Site Map has had a complete overhaul.
View the new Event Site Map now at: https://www.eb.org.au/guide/maps/
Check back for 2022 Results as they happen via: https://www.eb.org.au/liveresults/