Our Event Manual provides schools with all the key details and links to the information you need for this year’s Energy Breakthrough event in Maryborough.
The successful running of the event depends on our Team Manager’s reading all of the relevant information and passing the relevant details on to all of your team members, other Team Managers at your school, parents and support staff.
Please assist us by forwarding this Event Manual on to your school community.
Quick Recap – Key Program Changes for 2023:
- Moved the HPV Primary Trial to Track 1 and changed the schedule of activities to Wednesday to Friday;
- Moved the Junkyard Challenge to the Thursday program;
- Formally added a Robotics Demonstration Challenge to the Friday program;
- Offering Video Display & Presentations for all Pushcarts and HPV Secondary and Energy Efficient Vehicle teams; and
- Made changes to the TRYathlon schedule.
IMPORTANT NOTE #1: ACCESS TO TRACK 1
Please note there will be NO VEHICLE ACCESS to the camping areas inside Track 1, including Jubilee Oval and the Tennis Bay campgrounds, during the HPV Primary Practice and Trial sessions. Please refer to the event schedule for full details.
Track #1 Closed
- Closed Wednesday 5.30pm – 8.30pm
- Closed Thursday 8am – 5pm
- Closed Friday 5.30am – 12noon
- Closed Friday 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- Closed Saturday 12pm – Sunday 12pm
IMPORTANT NOTE #2: Working With Children Check (WWCC) Requirements
A reminder that all Team Managers and all adults in supervising roles with students during the event are required to have a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or current Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration. We do not need to record evidence of all adults WWCC status, however, the onus is on you as a Team Manager to ensure your team and any support crew members are compliant.
The Event Manual contains:
- Team Manager Checklist
- Entry Lists, Schedules, Marshal Rosters And Results
- At Event Check-In & Eb Admin Hub
- Medical Advice
- Emergency Procedures
- Car And Bus Parking
- Camping Information
- Camping Checklist
- Pit Areas
- Pit Area – Set-Up / Pack-Down Times
- Prizes And Special Awards
- Expo, Food Outlets And Free Movie Screenings
- B-Alternative – Our Sustainability Partner
- Event Schedule
- Site Map
- Campers Detour Map
- Sustainability Guidelines
If you have any questions about this year’s event, please feel free to contact our team via firstname.lastname@example.org or the contacts listed on our website ‘Contact’ page.
Thank you for your dedication and participation – and we really are looking forward to seeing you at Maryborough.
Best of luck,
Education Team Leader