Have you got what it takes to be our next Innovations In Technology Coordinator? We’re looking for someone to take charge of this exciting category that currently features the Crafty Design, Moving Water and the Junkyard Challenge – but could be expanded in the future.
About the Innovations in Technology Category
The Innovations in Technology Category currently has two different tasks that can be completed by the students. 1. Crafty Design where the students create a craft that can be propelled along a 8 m trough using innovative forms of propulsion. 2. Junkyard Challenge where students are provided with a range of materials and the challenge is to move 4 litres of water across a set distance. Time for the challenge is 90 minutes. In Crafty Design, the students present to two judges for up to 20 minutes and then there is a sail off of all craft at 2 pm. It is hoped that additional tasks can be explored, developed and implemented.
About this Role
The role is to coordinate both the school’s entries and the panels of judges and ensure that the event runs smoothly.
The key TASKS are:
- Recruit and coordinate the judges
- Prepare the judging forms and explain the judging criteria to the judges
- Liaise with schools and organise the presentation schedule
- Liaise with the sponsors in Central Highland Water
- Liaise with the team conducting the Junkyard Challenge
- Ensure that the judges are catered for with adequate sustenance
- Collate the results and help with presentations
- Give feedback to schools
Role Requirements / Qualifications
- An understanding of, and agrees with the friendly, encouraging and supportive approach of the Energy Breakthrough team.
- Have good communication and organisational skills
- Valid Working with Children Check
- An interest in science and innovation
Support / Assistance Provided
• A small stipend of up to $1,500 will be provided to cover costs for phone calls, internet for emails, time to attend meetings and travel.
• Catering will be available on-site at no cost during the event.
• Accommodation including breakfast will be provided during the event, if required.
• Additional support and training can be negotiated upon request.
How To Apply
Please contact Nigel Preston or Alisha Chadwick on phone (03) 5461 0610 or email email@example.com to discuss this position prior to applying.
Email your C.V and a short cover letter expressing a/ why you’d be a great fit for this role, b/ any experience you have performing the key tasks in previous roles and c/ how you meet the role requirements / qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Friday 28 June 2019.