Our second official day of the 2018 Energy Breakthrough saw our newly named VicRoads Track come alive with our Pushcart Teams taking to the track for their Endurance Event.
But … it was midday that everyone on the VicRoads Track was waiting for. With the assembly grid all ready, the minute the Australian flag dropped – they were off and racing!
Looking Ahead to Tomorrow
Saturday means that we are exactly halfway through the 2018 Energy Breakthrough. So, with that in mind, let’s take a look at what’s happening around the track:
- HPV Class A (Primary) restart down on the VicRoads Track for their 14-hour trial at a very early 6am!! Come 12pm we anticipate a MASSIVE crowd to watch the checkered flag fall to signal the end of the race. Results will then be tallied and added to the scores from the Display & Presentation and Design & Construction elements. Presentations will take place at 3.30pm down on the Stage near the Energy Expo.
- Pushcart teams will finish off the rest of their events with their Sprint Event taking place on Track 1, before they head over to await the announcement of Presentations.
- TRYathlon teams will again take to the track and assemble on the VicRoads Track from 1.30pm to start their 8-hour Endurance Event, followed by Presentation announcements at 11pm.
- The Energy Expo will again open up from 10am with lots of exciting things to see and do.
- Keep an eye out for our Photo-a-Day Competition that we will announce tomorrow. How to Enter: Simply watch for the Theme each day, snap your pics and post them on our thread on our social media channels. Winners will be announced daily and receive a $50 iTunes Gift Card!
For Track Side Updates
Keep up-to-date with all the action this weekend by following us on:
We love seeing the Energy Breakthrough through your eyes. If you are trackside or around the tracks, we’d love to see your photos. Simply upload them to your social media and TAG US with #EB2018 #PoweredByImagination @ebmaryborough
Today’s top photos are can be found Facebook – check them out here!