A scorching Sunday brought the 2016 RACV Energy Breakthrough to a close!
- Ormeau State High School from the sunny Gold Coast are the first interstate team to take Line Honours since Aberfoyle Hub School in 1992!
- Woodleigh School were the first team to go back to back in the HPV Secondary Trial line honours since Bendigo Senior SC in 2005 and 2006.
- Both Ormeau and Woodleigh set new distance records with the new extended RACV Track allowing quicker overall speeds and fewer crashes. (The clean conditions and light wind would’ve helped a bit too).
- It was a local domination in the B1, B2 and C categories with Maryborough Education Centre (Class B1 and B2) and Highview (Class C) sharing the spoils!
- St Margaret’s won the All Female category once again and set an All Female distance record here in Maryborough in the process.
- St Margaret’s and Berwick Grammar School Team Manager Terry Trevena waved the chequered flag to bring a close to the 24 hour trial and his 20 year engagement with the Energy Breakthrough. Thanks for the memories Mr T.
Keep up to date this weekend through our social media with:
Don’t forget to use the hashtags #racveb and #poweredbyimagination when posting your images from this weekend!