A scorching Sunday brought the 2016 RACV Energy Breakthrough to a close!
- Ormeau State High School from the sunny Gold Coast are the first interstate team to take Line Honours since Aberfoyle Hub School in 1992!
- Woodleigh School were the first team to go back to back in the HPV Secondary Trial line honours since Bendigo Senior SC in 2005 and 2006.
- Both Ormeau and Woodleigh set new distance records with the new extended RACV Track allowing quicker overall speeds and fewer crashes. (The clean conditions and light wind would’ve helped a bit too).
- It was a local domination in the B1, B2 and C categories with Maryborough Education Centre (Class B1 and B2) and Highview (Class C) sharing the spoils!
- St Margaret’s won the All Female category once again and set an All Female distance record here in Maryborough in the process.
- St Margaret’s and Berwick Grammar School Team Manager Terry Trevena waved the chequered flag to bring a close to the 24 hour trial and his 20 year engagement with the Energy Breakthrough. Thanks for the memories Mr T.
Check out our album of Daily Photos on Facebook >
Keep up to date this weekend through our social media with:
Don’t forget to use the hashtags #racveb and #poweredbyimagination when posting your images from this weekend!