Quick recap… What happened?
- Local schools reined supreme in the Primary Human Powered Vehicle trial, with Avoca Primary School were the overall winners of the Bruce Rieffel Award for schools under 200 students.
- Maryborough Education Centre’s ‘MECNIFICENT’ took line honours for the first time EVER! Woot! Zooper doopers for everyone, well done team MEC!
- The Energy Expo was in full swing.
- The Craft Designs completed their sail-off.
- The Junkyard Challenge saw twelve teams race the clock to build their weight bearing 1.5 long bridges.
- The New Extended section of the RACV Track was officially opened by Member for Bendigo West, Maree Edwards MP (who was in fact born in Maryborough).
- … and shortly after the opening, the 24 hour HPV Secondary teams got under way.
- The TRYathlon 8 Hour Endurance trial was run and won and a Presentation Ceremony held.
HPV A (Primary) Trial conclusion
Saturday saw the HPV Primary trial resume at 6am after the compulsory break overnight and saw local favourites Maryborough Education Centre (MEC) with their trike titled ”MECNIFICENT” racing through to the flag. MEC completed 382 laps or 424.02 km, twenty kilometres short of the record, but the MEC team didn’t care!
“We’re ecstatic! This is the first time we’ve taken line honours!” Exclaimed Team Manager, Kelsey Chandler. “Our kids have been awesome, they’ve run a great race and it just shows that if you want to be successful you should come to Maryborough Education Centre!”
Jells Park Primary School’s ‘Vanquish’ finishing 11 laps behind on 371. Previous winners ‘ Ziptar’ marked their 10 year anniversary with a third place and 366 laps.
Frankston Primary School’s ‘Overtakers’ who won the Trial last year, were sitting fifth on 361 laps.
Keep up to date this weekend through our social media with:
Don’t forget to use the hashtags #racveb and #poweredbyimagination when posting your images from this weekend!