Wow – what a Friday that was! The guys are Drouin SC (above) certainly looked like they enjoyed themselves!
Quick recap … What happened?
- HPV Secondary & EEV participants completed their Display & Presentation and Design & Construction Assessments and their vehicles were weighed, measured and checked by scrutineers.
- There were thrills and spills as Tryathlon teams tackled ramps, tunnels and rumble strips as part of their obstacle rally, as well racing through heats in the time trial on the new section of the RACV track.
- Pushcarts raced around their Endurance Trial over on the Holden Track, went through judging for Display and Presentation and took on their obstacle course.
- At noon we saw the commencement of the HPV A (Primary) 14 hour endurance trial on the Holden Track; who set off a cracker of a pace before stopping for a compulsory break at 9pm and restarting Saturday morning at 6am.
- Tonight we saw the HPV Secondary and EEV teams light up the RACV Track for their night practice; before Tryathlon teams took to the Holden Track for their night session.
HPV A (Primary) Trial Results – Break Time!
As the HPV Primary teams stop for their compulsory overnight stop, positions 4 to 10 are covered by just SIX laps! Wow.
Local favourites Maryborough Education Centre’s beautifully titled ‘MECNIFICENT’ have been out to an early lead and have been running very very well, but Jells Park PS are keeping them honest and are just three laps behind.
Traditional front runners Frankston PS and Maiden Gully sit in positions three and four respectively, ready to swoop and you can see from the snapshot below that it will be a thrilling run down to the finish line tomorrow morning.
HPV Secondary & EEV Results:
Ormeau Woods State High School set the fastest lap of the new circuit – and therefore a new Practice record – 2 minutes and 3 seconds for the 1.84 km course. Wow.
They were closely followed by Maryborough Education Centre’s ‘Quantum’ in a 2 minutes and 6 seconds with last year’s line honours EEV team, Rode Rage third with a 2 minute and 8 second fastest lap.
Bendigo Senior Secondary College’s um, weirdly named team ‘Don’t Feed The Richard’ was the fastest human powered vehicle with a 2 minute and 7 second lap.
Defending champs, Woodleigh School, were second with a 2 minute and 9 second in their new ‘A Little 2 Aero’ – which they tell us is the little sister of last year’s ‘A Little Too Aero’.
The third fastest HPV was quite a surprise packet: Blackfish from Kooweerup Secondary College with a 2 minute and thirteen second fastest lap.
And so the sun sets on another beautiful day in Maryborough …
Including this great shot by Katie Harris …
Keep up to date this weekend through our social media with:
Don’t forget to use the hashtags #racveb and #poweredbyimagination when posting your images from this weekend!